my current work.
I partner with folks as a coach. Especially those in partnerships: co-directors and leadership teams. Two-to-four people. We design an engagement, explore values, assumptions and what’s needed to be in alignment – with themselves and each other. To show up fully and in partnership – minds, hearts, spirits, bodies – as leaders for their organization and for themselves.
I also facilitate trainings and retreats, often with colleagues, with groups to have transformational experiences that include learning coaching practices and tools for leadership development, as relational/emotional intelligence enhancement, as team building and as methods for increasing effective communication, feedback and conflict navigation.
And, I’m a co-founder of the With/In Collaborative. My colleagues and I work with and in communities – and within ourselves – to re-imagine and re-design the systems that no longer serve us. We believe social change is systems change, liberation is possible, leadership is a team sport, self-awareness is foundational and this work is joyful.
One of my With / In colleagues (Johnny Manzon-Santos) and I designed an offering we call The Coach Identity training. This is for people interested in gaining some coaching tools to support their leadership. Please go to the With / In website if you are interested.
The constants in all my work are:
- Utilizing the power of coaching and coaching techniques for individual growth, awareness and healthy relationships with oneself, others and the planet.
- Addressing the impact of racism and other systemic oppressions.
- Centering the history and experience of Black and Indigenous communities and how this relates to the systems and institutions we’re a part of. And, how we change these systems to live in just and liberated communities.
- Valuing transformation over transaction.
- Acknowledging a key component of liberation is acknowledging our humanity: the wisdom of our incredible minds and also the wisdom of our bodies, spirits, emotions, ancestry – ALL of who and how we are.
- Measuring our value not by how much we get done, but by how much we love and are loved, how much we are present, how much we honor our core values.
- Recognizing play and joy are essential, as is self-compassion and grieving. That vulnerability is courageous and honoring our humanity is a practice in accepting imperfection.
- Accessing the 8 C’s of Internal Family Systems methodology as guideposts for our aligned Selves: creativity, compassion, clarity, calm, connection, courage, confidence, curiosity.
- Holding the framework of I/We/It: (I) knowing our history, personal story and motivations impacts how we show up and allows for collaborative relationships (We) and together, with awareness of systems that need to be dismantled to create new methods that practice justice, equity, love and liberation (It).
partnering with me.
If you’re curious about partnering with me through 1:1 coaching, partner coaching or some kind of training/facilitating please contact me.